Isn’t this salsa pretty? And it’s insanely good! It’s a burst of summer flavors in your mouth! ‘Nuf said.
Confetti Corn Salsa
Author: Amy's Green Apron
Recipe type: Salsa
Serves: 2 cups
Grilled corn kernels would also work in this salsa.
- 1 small or ½ large poblano chile
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, separated
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears), or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Brush the poblano with 1 teaspoon olive oil and grill until charred all over. Cool slightly; peel and finely chop.
- If using fresh corn, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Mix the corn (if using frozen, add it here), poblano, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro and red onion in a bowl. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, lime juice, sugar and salt.
- Serve with chips.
Et cetera: This recipe was adapted from one on Food Network.com