Yogurt and granola are a marriage made in heaven. But just like a marriage, it’s fun to spice it up once in a while. As I did with this Pumpkin Spice Granola with Noosa’s Pumpkin flavored yogurt. Noosa has become my favorite yogurt and some varieties already have the crunch that goes with it. But, if you’re a seasonal kind of person and like pumpkin anything this time of year, you should try this. The granola is softer than your usual granola, but it’s also lighter. Just the right pumpkin spice-iness to satisfy.
This graola would also be a good accompaniment to the honey yogurt or the coconut yogurt flavors. I love coconut, so I also sprinkled some sweetened coconut flakes to this mix. Nuts, cranberries, raisins are also some other options I can think of. Make it your own!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup chopped pecans or other nut
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice + ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin and chia seeds, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour the granola mixture onto prepared cookie sheet, spreading the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Granola can be stored in airtight container for 3 days, or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Et cetera: I used to live in Fort Collins, Colorado, and my daughter still does. The Noosa factory is about a 20-minute drive from her house, so on my last visit, we took a tour of the grounds. They were so friendly and we were so impressed with the beautiful grounds and how clean they were. It’s a lovely place to visit if you’re ever in Colorado. And we even got some coupons for free yogurt!