If you’re a “foodie” like me, practically all food photos will make your mouth water. This one is no exception. I feel like I want to make these every day and never get tired of them. When you make them, make sure you have people to share them with or you will devour them! They are so moist and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Daughter #3 was over spending the night when I made this batch and I woke up to find this the next morning:
My daughter is so funny. I love how she made a paper towel work for her artistic talents! But, I couldn’t blame her. These are irresistable. We’re lucky they made it to their pot luck destination! Suzanne, this one’s for you!
Et cetera: I adapted this recipe from the one on the Food Network website.
- 1 stick (8 oz) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon red food coloring
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted walnuts (optional)
- For the filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper, making it long enough to hang over the sides, and grease it with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, food coloring and salt. Blend well, then stir in the white vinegar and the whisked eggs.
- Fold in the flour just until combined. Reserve ¼ cup of the batter for the topping. To the large portion of the batter, stir in the walnuts, if desired.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth and well-combined.
- Alternate dollops of cream cheese and the reserved brownie batter on top of the brownie batter in the baking pan. Using a sharp knife, swirl the cream cheese and brownie batter together.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack before lifting the parchment out of the pan. Cut into desired number of pieces.
- Store brownies in an airtight container for up to 2 days.