If you’re staying home with your Sweetheart or spending Valentine’s Day with your family watching a good movie, this is the ticket! My daughter-in-law adapted this recipe from one she got from her mother and although I haven’t actually tasted it yet, (hint, hint), she tells me that our most discerning and outspoken favorite critic has given his thumbs up on this! Number One Son has declared it to be awesome! I can’t wait to try it, but doesn’t it look like you’d want to dive into it? I do!
- 14 cups popped popcorn (no butter or flavoring added)
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 large bag Valentine M&M's
- 1 tube cupcake heart sprinkles (1.24 oz.)
- 1 bag (10-12 oz.) white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, Rice Krispies, peanuts, marshmallows, M&M's and sprinkles.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and peanut butter. Process for about 1-1/2 minutes, stirring after one minute, until all the chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over the popcorn mixture and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Line several cookie sheets with wax paper and pour out popcorn mixture. Allow to set and dry for 1-2 hours.
Et cetera: I have now tried this snack since posting this blog for the first time. It’s better than a lot of snack mixes I’ve tried. I loved every handful. I found that I did not try to hunt for my favorite piece of the puzzle–they are all good and even better together. I think you will love it, too.